September 15, 2004

Rainy day

Explain to me this: why on a grey, overcast, cloudy, dark and rainy day here in Vancouver do so many people walk around with black umbrellas? It's like walking around underneath your own personal Eeyore cloud. I saw two coloured umbrellas on my way to work today and one of them was mine. Are people trying to depress themselves?
And don't get me started on those men who walk down a crowded street under a golf umbrella. Those things are huge! I would understand if you needed to cover the entire cast of Eight is Enough but for one guy? Ridiculous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh - I guess because black is 'conservative', and conservative is 'safe'. But seriously, walk into any umbrella shop [if there were such a thing] and tell me the predominant color you see.

Personally, I run nekkid through the streets when its raining - but maybe that's just me.

- Houser

1:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home